Normally, we could install an new iTunes update easily by downloading the installer to our computer, locating the iTunes64Setup.exe and double clicking the installer. But recently people reported that iTunes 12.3 can’t be installed on Windows and pop up “There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.”
Don’t Miss: Fix iTunes 12.3 Sync Error
How to Solve iTunes 12.3 Install Error
There is no unique and 100% correct solution to this issue. And you have to try and try. And sometimes it is not because of iTunes itself.
After searching, we found one fix is the most useful, which is Go to Control Panel > Programs > Apple Software Update > Repair. And then reinstall iTunes 6464Steup.exe”.
Of course, there are some other tips Apple suggests and you can try if the solution above doesn’t work.
- Make Sure Login Windows As Administrator
- Install Latest Updates for Your Windows.
- Download Latest iTunes Update. Now it is 12.3.2
- Disable Conflicting Software
- Make Sure Your Windows Support iTunes 12.3.
- Restart Your Computer and Reinstall Again.
Related Reading: Can’t Restore iTunes Backup
- Unable to Install iTunes 12.3
- iTunes 12.3 Installation Error on Windows 10
- iTunes 12.3 64bit Install Error on Windows 10
- If You Can’t Install iTunes for Windows