You may have lost some data after updating iPhone to iOS 9.3/9.3.1 or iOS 9.2/9.1/9. In these situations, you may need a restore from iTunes backup to your device. But how to correctly restore from iTunes backup and what things you should know before having a restore. In this post, we will talk about this topic and offer tips to fix problem about you cannot restore from iTunes after updating to new iOS.
Don’t Miss: How to Restore from iCloud Backup
How to Restore form iTunes Backup in iOS 9/9.1/9.2/9.2.1/9.3
The process to restore with iTunes is pretty simple. After connecting your iOS device to your computer, you could make it in 3 steps.
- Step 1. Open iTunes, go to File > Devices > Restore from Backup.
- Step 2. Select one suitable iTunes backup by analyzing the date and size. Of course, you can use some iTunes backup extractor, such as PhoneRescue to view the contents on each iTunes backup so that you can make a correct decision whether to restore from the iTunes backup.
- Step 3. Click Restore and wait for all process finished.
Can’t Restore from iTunes backup in iOS 9/9.1/9.2/9.2.1/9.3 and How to Fix?
Sometimes you cannot restore from iTunes backup:
- when the iOS version of your device is older than your iTunes backup.
- when your want to transfer some data that not compatible with your device. For example, if the backup was created with an iPad, some iPad apps you backed up to iTunes couldn’t be transferred to iPhone.
- when you have no backup on iTunes, or the backup have no data, or corrupted.
- when your USB cable connection is bad.
Tips to fix can’t restore iPhone iPad problem.
- Check the USB cable and make sure your connection is stable.
- Restart your device or force restart your iOS device, which is a basic tip that you can have a try. Just turn off and then turn on your device. Or hold on both “Power” and “Home” buttons for a few minutes and then turn on your device.
- Restart computer and iTunes.
- Update iTunes and iPhone to latest version.
- Use iTunes backup extractor, such as PhoneRescue to directly get files from backup to computer without restoring.
You may have some better idea about how to fix cannot restore from iTunes backup, just share and discuss it on the comment section.