If you plan to get a iPhone 6s or iPad Pro, it is a good idea to buy it on this 2015 Christmas, or 2016 New Year because in these days, almost all of Apple products will be more cheaper.
If you have bought one iPhone 6s, or just got one as your Christmas or New Year gift. The next step is to get something to this new device. And in this post, we will offer some methods for Apple users to get data from old iPhone to new iPhone 6s. There are two possibility: you want to copy all data from one iPhone to another, or you just want to get a part of data to your new iPhone 6s. So we make this post into two parts.
Part 1. Transfer Everything from Old iPhone to New iPhone 6s
If you decided to transfer all data, including setting, junks, caches, from your old iPhone to your new bought iPhone 6s, you can use the Apple suggested tools – iTunes or iCloud. By backing up your old iPhone and restoring your iPhone 6s, you can easily transfer everything between two iPhones.
Notice: All previous data and setting on iPhone 6s will be erased if you use these methods.
- Step 1. Backup old iPhone with iTunes. iTunes downloaded on your computer, connect your old iPhone to computer, open iTunes and go to menu File > Devices > Back up.
- Step 2. Restore from iTunes backup to new iPhone 6s. Disconnect your old iPhone and connect your iPhone 6s to computer with iTunes connected and open, click menu File > Devices > Restore from Backup, select your old iPhone backup and click “Restore”.
Notice: sometimes you can’t restore, you can refer this post: can’t restore from iTunes backup.
- Step 1. Backup you old iPhone with iCloud: unlock your iPhone, tap Settings > iCloud > Backup, turn on iCloud Backup and tap Back Up Now.
- Step 2. Restore from iCloud Backup. Go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings > Select Restore from iCloud Backup, select old iPhone backup to restore.
Part 2. Transfer Specific Files from iPhone to iPhone
You may plan to give up some old and useless apps or files on your old iPhone and only transfer something useful and important to your new iPhone 6s. In this case, you can use iCloud or third-part iPhone to iPhone transfer software to make it.
iCloud enable you to sync between two iOS devices and between iOS device and computer. So you can use it to transfer some data or files from your old iPhone to new iPhone. Types of data iCloud supports to sync: Photos, Mail, Contacts, Calendars, Reminders, Safari, Notes.
To sync each of these categories between two iPhones, you have to login iCloud with the same Apple ID on Setting > iCloud, and turn on the category you want to sync on both of your old iPhone and new iPhone 6s.
Use 3rd-Part Software:
Just search one iPhone to iPhone transfer software online, some of these software can make you transfer data between two iPhones without using the same Apple ID, and the transferring process is super easy. For example, AnyTrans iPhone to iPhone Transfer could transfer voice memos, messages, songs and other 15+ types of files between two iOS devices in 3 steps.
Thanks for your viewing, and welcome you comment any ideas and problems on how to transfer information and files from old iPhone to new iPhone 6s.
- Backup your iPhone with iTunes or iCloud
- Restore device from iTunes or iCloud backup
- Transfer Text Messages from iPhone to iPhone