“I have deleted all photos on my iPhone 6, and now there is Zero pics in Albums, including Camera Roll, Recently Deleted, Synced from iPhone and Photo Stream. However, when checking setting > general > usage > storage > manage storage, it shows 0.9GB in photos & camera. And iTunes shows there are 0.9 GB also. So something hidden behind are eating my iPhone space? “Jaassy posted his question recently after updating his iPhone 6 to iOS 9.
About how to remove this phantom photos from iPhone/iPad. After several attempts, people found:
Methods Don’t Work
- Deleting attached pictures in Messages/WhatsApp/FB Messenger.
- Syncing iPhone again without selecting any photos.
- Resetting iOS device to factory setting.
Methods Do Work
>>>>Set date back to September 1st, 2014 and clean “Recently Delete”.
- iPhone 6 > Setting > General > Date & Time > Turn off Set Automatically.
- Set time back to Sep 1, 2014.
- iPhone > Photos > Albums > Recently Deleted.
- Clean photos.
>>>> Delete photo backup on iCloud
- iPhone 6 > General > Usage > iCloud > Manage Storage
- Select your iPhone > Turn off Camera Roll/Photo Library backup > Delete
Welcome any comments to share your idea about how to solve phantom photos problem.