One of the biggest problems about iTunes, the official program of the US company Apple, is that its onset occurs automatically every time you connect a device manufacturer to computer via USB cable. The idea of this automatic start is to maintain our data safe with automatic synchronization, but especially in more modest computers where this startup can cause performance problems. Therefore, this time we will learn how to prevent iTunes synchronization starts each time you connect your iPhone to your computer, regardless of the type of computer you use and whatever the iPhone model connected.
How to prevent automatic sync in iTunes when connecting an iPhone to the computer
The steps to disable the automatic synchronization are:
- We connect the iPhone to your computer using the USB cable and wait for the iTunes program from starting automatically.
- Once the program is fully loaded, on the top right of the screen you should see a button with the name “iPhone”. Click on this button.
- Now we should be viewing a screen with information about our iPhone. We have to ensure that you are viewing the tab “Summary”, because that is where we will find the option that interests us here.
- Move the screen to the end and in the section “Options”, you will see an option enabled called”Automatically sync when this iPhone is connected”. Click on the button that appears next to this option, ensuring that it remains unchecked, and then click on the option to “Apply” you will see at the bottom of the screen.
- In this simple way we have achieved disable automatic synchronization of the program. We can try to reconnect the iPhone after following these steps, and see how iTunes no longer displays unless we’re the ones who started the program manually.
How to prevent automatic sync iTunes to any device
It may also be the case that we want to completely disable the automatic iTunes syncing whatever Appledevice we connect to your computer. In this case, the steps are:
- Open the iTunes program.
- In the menu at the top left of the screen click on the section “Edit” and then click on the option for”Preferences.”
- Now we will display a menu where you will see different tabs represented with a small icon. Click on the tab “Devices”.
- In this section, one of the options you see under the white section is “not allow automatic synchronization of the iPod, iPhone and iPad.” Click on the button that appears next to this option, making sure it is checked, and click on the button “OK” to confirm your configuration.
Related Articles You May Like: