Children of Pangu Team have done it again and Jailbreak iOS 8.1 is already a reality. However, there is a Jailbreak half, and the tutorial below we detail only installs the jailbreak without Cydia. But do not panic, Cydia will be installed later so you can download all kinds of applications to improve our iPhone and iPad. Apple released iOS 8 on September 17 and on Monday launched iOS 8.1. It is atypical for Apple to release two major updates so quickly, but they had their reasons. iOS 8.1 is the version that has enabled Apple Pay a function of mobile payments, for now, is spreading in America. It also contains some new features that were not available in iOS 8 as the photo library iCloud.
Nor is it unusual for the Jailbreak comes so soon. Since we had come to expect several months but Pangu Team hackers have broken all records, and in just over a month, we Jailbreak iOS 8.1. Here we tell you how to jailbreak an iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch upgraded to iOS 8.1, including the new iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus. Later will post another tutorial to install Cydia manually so you can enjoy all the advantages offered by the jailbreak.
Note: This jailbreak is stable, but the installation process is more complex because you have to manually add Cydia. If you can wait, in a few days you should get a complete lot simpler to install version.
Tutorial: How to Jailbreak iOS 8.1 with Pangu 1.0.1 (Windows)
- As always, the first thing to do is to keep a backup of all data. The fastest way is to do it from iTunes. Right-click on the device name in the left pane and select the “Save Backup” option.
- To avoid problems, you should restore your iDevice. If you already have iOS 8.1 installed, go to iTunes and click “Restore.” If you had not yet updated click on “Restore and Update”. This way we avoid conflicts when the jailbreak. When the process is finished, we can recover all data with the backup.
- Before starting the function, disable Find My iPhone, which is in Settings – iCloud. You also have to remove the passcode lock screen, but the process can not continue.
- Open iTunes on the computer and make sure you recognize the device before downloading Pangu.
- The application is only compatible with Windows. To open it right click on it and choose the “Run as administrator.”
- It is very important to turn off the box on the left side so that no additional software to install.
- We press the blue button and the jailbreak process begins. Do not touch anything until it finishes.
When Pangu bar reaches the end, and we applied the jailbreak on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch. You’ll notice a new icon Pangu on your home screen, however, as we have indicated above, the Cydia icon does not appear. We explain how to install it manually in this tutorial: How to Install Cydia on iOS 8 – iOS 8.1 after using Pangu Jailbreak.
Important Note: This Application is in Chinese, and if you don’t have required Chinese fonts on your computer, you might see question marks instead of Chinese text.
Related Articles You May Like: